Casual online dating is extremely popular. People turn to Internet dating not only to find true love, but also to enhance their social life and love life by meeting and flirting with new friends (or to have casual sex). Online dating is great for flirting and casual dating because it gives you the chance to meet thousands of new people instantly. How you interact with them is up to you: flirt, send pictures and saucy emails, have webcam chats (also known as audio/video chats) or meet people just for having fun, without committing to a long term relationship. There are plenty of dating websites out there that cater for this sort of casual relationship online dating. Below is a list of some top fliting sites that are frequented by those looking for anything from friendship to “no strings fun” (as we say in the industry 🙂 ), .
The sites covered in this post are:
- Flirt – A busy international flirting and casual dating (and sex) site for singles and couples. Free for women.
- FlirtFix – a cheap and fun new flirting / non-serious dating site in the UK. Many features are free.
- Lavalife – huge USA/international dating & flirting site
- Click&Flirt – UK/USA/international sexy/flirty site
- BeNaughty – sexy UK/USA flirting site
- Mate1.com – International casual dating and flirting site that’s 100% free for women
Full reviews and feature comparison below, or click here for a list of more “adult” dating sites.
Flirt is a big international flirting and casual relationship site that’s aimed at both singles and couples. It’s basically for finding casual dating partners and sexual partners. It’s totally free for women and offers a good chat feature.
A UK site that offers simple, fun and casual flirting for people who are not looking for serious, long-term relationships. It’s not just about so called “sexy time”, but just a more relaxed approach to dating and flirting. Many of the site’s features can be used for free, with additional ones (like instant chat and video profiles) available for about half the price of standard dating sites. The clientele is predominantly young – under 40.
A big international flirting site that’s massive in the US, Canada and Australia. It has a choice of communities, with this one specifically designed for people looking for non-serious dating. It has some cool features including phone chatlines. My favourite, though, is the fact that replying to messages is free, even if you’re not a paid member.
Click&Flirt A popular UK-based international dating site that’s definitely on the saucy side of casual dating. You can specify what you’re after, but the options on offer make it obvious this is not exactly a marriage-oriented site. The site boasts huge membership and fun features like chatrooms and mobile dating. It’s well designed and simple to use and there’s plenty to do on here.
BeNaughty is a UK/US site from the same company as ClickAndFlirt that is even more geared towards casual sex dating. If you’re looking for the sexy stuff, this place is definitely for you, although they do allow you to specify how naughty you want to be and see only profiles without any nudity, if you so choose. The site is very well designed and packed full of features from video chat to sexy blogs. Mobile dating is on offer and there is even a money back guarantee for the 6 month membership option.
Mate1.com is a big, international dating and flirting site with a slight sexy edge. It’s basic, but offers all the standard features you’d want, including an instant messenger. Women don’t have to pay to use the site.
Special issues to be aware of
- There is often a crossover between casual dating sites and those sites referred to as “adult dating sites”, but flirting sites are not always as overtly sexual as their raunchier counterparts. Most of them are just about having fun with new people without necessarily settling down. It’s basically online dating without the committment. It can even be a good way to get back into the habit of dating, even if you’d really like to find something longer term. Because of this, you will find that flirters/casual daters don’t always want the same thing. Some want to get back on their feet and try out the scene before finding a serious relationship, some want to meet up for dates, some are looking for shag buddies and others just want to flirt and chat online. Some casual daters can even be married or in a relationship but are looking for something on the side, be it virtual or actual. Some casual dating sites will let you specify exactly what you want so you can avoid meeting people who want something else.
- If you are one of those casual daters who are looking for activities outside of the Internet, you may well want to meet up pretty quickly, so it’s important (especially for women) to still keep to the online dating safety rules. Remember that even if you’re looking for a one night stand, it’s best to give yourself an escape route in case you meet up and don’t fancy each other (or worse – that you don’t fancy him/her but he/she fancies you!).
- Many flirting sites offer mobile phone dating, including the ability to send and receive pictures, pay for membership by SMS and even receive messages and alerts on your phone. This makes these sites particularly suitable for people who are more comfortable using their mobile than their computer.
- Subscription options for flirting sites are often varied and offer very short membership options too, so you can dip in and out of membership as you see fit. For totally free sites you can use for flirting, check out my free dating site post.